Teletherapy is a form of therapy service where sessions are conducted via a medium such as Zoom video conference or audio phone call.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CLIENT
All clients should:
• Be appropriately dressed during sessions.
• Avoid using alcohol, drugs, or other mind-altering substances prior to session.
• Be located in a safe and private area appropriate for a teletherapy session.
• Make every attempt to be in a location with stable internet capability.
Clients should NOT:
• Record sessions unless first obtaining Zachary C. Klinedinst’s permission.
• Have anyone else in the room unless you first discuss it with Zachary C. Klinedinst.
• Conduct other activities while in session (such as texting, driving, etc.).
* If the client is a minor, a parent or guardian must be present at the location/building of the teletherapy session (unless otherwise agreed upon with the therapist).
POTENTIAL COUNSELING RISKS
When using technology to communicate on any level, there are some important risk factors of which to be aware. It is possible that information might be intercepted, forwarded, stored, sent out, or even changed from its original state. It is also possible that the security of the device used may be compromised. Best practice efforts are made to protect the security and overall privacy of all electronic communications with you. However, complete security of this information is not possible. Using methods of electronic communication with us outside of our recommendations creates a reasonable possibility that a third party may be able to intercept that communication. It is your responsibility to review the privacy sections and agreement forms of any application and technology you use. Please remember that depending on the device being used, others within your circle (i.e. family, friends, employers, & co-workers) and those not in your circle (i.e. criminals, scam artists) may have access to your device. Reviewing the privacy sections for your devices is essential. Please contact me with any questions that you may have on privacy measures.
POTENTIAL LIMITATIONS OF TELETHERAPY
Teletherapy is an alternate form of counseling and should not be viewed as a substitution for taking medication that has previously been prescribed by a medical doctor. It has possible benefits and limitations. By signing this document, you agree that you understand that:
• Teletherapy may not be appropriate if you are having a crisis, acute psychosis, or suicidal/homicidal thoughts.
• Misunderstandings may occur due to a lack of visual and/or audio cues.
• Disruptions in the service and quality of the technology used may occur.
• While I do not file insurance claims, I can make an invoice available to you to file with your insurance company. Please check with them ahead of time to be sure your policy covers telemental health counseling. escription